We offer every size between 6″-12″. Based on breed and weight of dog ICSB will choose appropriate rod size.
Rinse in warm, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly in distilled water multiple times. Let dry prior to use.
|Dimensions||4 × .05 × .02 in|
1. Clean the insemination rod in mild soapy water. Rinse the rod thoroughly with distilled water.
2. Let the rod dry completely. DO NOT use the rod with water still inside of it as the water kills semen.
3. Connect the rod to a syringe. Rinse the rod with normal saline.
4. Draw the semen into the syringe, making sure that no air bubbles are in the semen.
5. Have the bitch’s hindquarters on an elevated surface.
- We recommend having an assistant hold the bitch so that she cannot move during the insemination.
- Have the assistant grasp the bitch’s back legs at the hock to help keep the bitch in position.
6. Clean the bitch’s perineal area and lubricate the rod.
7. Gently insert your index finger into the vaginal canal to the brim of the pelvis.
8. Gently guide the rod alongside your finger.
9. Tip up both your finger and the rod, pulling the posterior vagina almost vertical, allowing a straight insertion to the cervical opening.
10. Once the cervical opening is reached, you will feel resistance.
- NEVER USE FORCE TO INSERT THE INSEMINATION ROD! The vaginal wall could be pierced and peritonitis could result!
11. Withdraw the rod about ½-inch and gently deposit the semen.
THIS PROCEDURE SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED BY UNTRAINED INDIVIDUALS! FAILURE TO PROPERLY INSEMINATE CAN RESULT IN HARM TO THE ANIMAL!